What’s at Stake
For manufacturers across America, the PRO Act is by far one of the most dangerous pieces of legislation to be voted on by Congress. The PRO Act attempts to rewrite America’s labor and employment laws and will do serious harm to manufacturers, workers and the economy.
One of the largest unintended consequences would be on hardworking Americans’ privacy and our hard-earned paychecks. If passed, the PRO Act would force employers to hand over a worker’s private information to labor groups without the consent of the worker.
This is sensitive information, and it is extremely important for Americans to be able to control what information they share with outside groups.
If the PRO Act is passed and signed into law, America’s workers will lose the following benefits:
- The right to keep their personal information private
- The freedom to negotiate their own wages and benefits
- The freedom to not pay dues for a union they don’t want to join
- The right to a secret ballot in deciding whether workers want to be part of a union
Your action makes a difference. By taking action below, you’re joining thousands of manufacturing advocates who believe that America’s workers should never have to worry that their rights are for sale, especially as we work to get our economy back on track.
We Want to Hear from You!
Washington needs to hear from YOU. Why? Because real voices make a difference and help to get stuff done. Include your voice and tell us why you support protecting worker privacy and workplace freedom, including the ability to negotiate wages and earn extra income on the side.
Need an idea?
- Why should having the freedom to negotiate one’s wages and benefits be a workplace freedom?
- Why is it important that you’re not forced to pay dues for a union you don’t want to join?
Record Your Story
Keep Up the Momentum
Did you take action above? Keep up the momentum up by urging Congress to achieve historic infrastructure investment and to protect the competitive gains manufacturers have made thanks to tax reform.