Use the tool below and join thousands of supporters who are calling on Washington to protect the hard-fought gains that manufacturers have made for our communities thanks to tax reform.
Additional research published by the NAM in 2021 found that repealing tax reform would threaten:
- 1 million jobs lost over two years
- 600,000 jobs lost each year on average over the next decade
- $117 billion lost in gross domestic product (GDP) in the first two years
What’s at Stake
The tax reforms passed in 2017 were rocket fuel for manufacturers in the U.S., helping to drive historic numbers of new hires, rising wages, strong capital investment and the best production in years. Manufacturers have been able to keep our promises to invest in our communities, support families, grow the economy, create more secure jobs, increase wages and make manufacturing in the U.S. more competitive. Just scroll down for examples!
But Congress is considering raising taxes on manufacturers and small businesses – an increase that would cost the United States 1 million jobs over two years and stop America’s recovery in its tracks. This threat is serious.
According to a recent survey of manufacturers, if Congress approves these changes, the negative consequences would include:
- Slowed Job Growth. 91% of manufacturers say they will have trouble creating jobs and expanding.
- Decreased Pay Raises. 90% of manufacturers say they will have trouble raising wages.
How Manufacturers are Investing
See how manufacturers in your community are reinvesting in their facilities, jobs, and their communities thanks to a more competitive tax code.
- Klaussner Home Furnishings (NC): “If Taxes Go Up, I Have Fewer Choices”
- JLS Automation (PA): “How Tax Reform Helps JLS Automation Grow and Give Back”
- Optimax Systems (NY): “How Tax Reform Helped Optimax Invest in Workers”
- Big Ass Fans (KY): “Tax Policy Makes Innovation Possible for Big Ass Fans”
- Rex Heat Treat (PA): “Small Manufacturer Leverages Tax Reform to Weather Tough Times”
- Bobrick Washroom Equipment, Inc. (TN): “Tax Reform Brings Jobs, Facility Growth to Tennessee Manufacturer”
- HM Manufacturing (IL): “Tax Reform Helps Illinois Manufacturer Invest in Workforce and Equipment”
- Eli Lilly (IN): “Eli Lilly and Company Invests in Medicine Innovation and New Jobs”
- Hancock Lumber (ME): “Tax Reform Brings New Benefits, Investment to Maine Manufacturer”
- BWX Technologies, Inc. (IN): “Tax Reform Helps Create 170 Jobs in Ohio and Indiana”
- Ketchie (NC): “N.C. Family-owned Manufacturer Has Best Year Yet”
- Ferroloy (KS): “Kansas Manufacturer Doubles Its Workforce”
- Miles Fiberglass (OR): “Oregon Manufacturer Sees 35% Increase In Business”
- Marlin Steel Wire Products (MD): “Maryland Manufacturer to Increase Hiring, Invest”
We Want to Hear from You!
Washington needs to hear from YOU. Why? Because real voices make a difference and help to get stuff done. Use the tool below to tell us why — in your words — why you support protecting tax reform.
Record Your Story
Keep Up the Momentum
Did you take action above? Keep up the momentum up by urging Congress to achieve historic infrastructure investment and to protect the privacy of workers by voting against the PRO Act.