Share Your Story
Use the tool below to tell us — in your words — why you support protecting manufacturers from proposed tax hikes in the current budget reconciliation bill.
Are you a manufacturer? Please state your full name and company name.
Recording your video is quick and easy!
- Click “Record Video” to turn your camera on.
- When you’re ready to record, click the red circle to start recording.
- Click the red circle again to stop and save your video.
- Click “Submit” to formally send your video to us!
Want to re-record? Simply click the red button again.
As Congress prepares to vote on tax hikes on manufacturers, it’s important that we use our most powerful tool: our voice – our own words and stories that help to remind lawmakers that behind this cause are real people who care deeply about their community and this great industry.
We hope that you’ll record a short video letting us know why you’ve joined the fight to protect manufacturers from harmful tax hikes. Upon submission, we’ll send your video to your member of Congress and post it on the Manufacturers United website!
Feel free to choose from the following prompts to help get you started:
- Are you a manufacturing leader or worker? How will you benefit from being protected from an increased corporate and individual tax rate?
- Are you a manufacturing supporter? Protecting manufacturers from tax hikes will allow them to keep their workforce and community engagement strong. How will you benefit from this?
- Do you know a manufacturer? Why is it important to you that Congress works to protect their future?
Legal Disclaimer: By submitting content through this page, including your first and last name, city and state, you grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, publish, transmit, display and distribute such content in any and all media or distribution methods now known or later developed.
The Negative Impact on Manufacturers
Watch this video to learn why tax hikes on manufacturers are the wrong way to go:
According to a recent survey of manufacturing leaders, if Congress follows through on these changes included within reconciliation…
- Nearly 94% of manufacturers said that higher taxes would be harmful to their businesses
- 91% of manufacturers will have trouble creating jobs and expanding
- 90% of manufacturers will have trouble raising wages
According to research published by the National Association of Manufacturers, increasing the tax rate for manufacturers and small businesses would have harmful consequences, which includes the equivalent of:
- 1 million jobs lost over two years
- 500,000 jobs lost on average each year over the next decade
- $117 billion in GDP lost in first two years
Visit Our Tax Action Center
Ready to Do More?
Company leaders can take advantage of customizable tools and resources to help mobilize employees to take action themselves.